Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's on ME!?!??!

I posted about this on FB too, but I know a few of you have bravely let FB fade out of your lives, so I'm going to post it here too.

April Fool's Day has long been a favorite in my family. Remember this and this and this? Well this year I got pranked while trying to prank the kids! 

At breakfast I made a dramatic show of digging around in the box where we keep our leftover seeds and pulled out this clever package of "donut seeds" (aka Cheerios) (I used this template and added my own instructions on the back to fit our conditions this morning.)
We planted them on our way out the door for school. (You can kinda see them in the snow in the background of the photo)

Then just as I was leaving to pick them up from school I stuck a dozen mini donuts on the bushes by where we'd planted the Cheerios.  They looked so cute!  AJ loved being in on the prank too.
Not 20 minutes later when we drove back up the driveway, there was a herd of a dozen deer noshing on my April Fools donuts!!!!!!!!  They got me good.

1 comment:

LL said...

hahaha! Nice!!

Followers