Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

Though not nearly on the scale of last year's prank, I managed some April Fools silliness today.  The kids' wanted a treat at the PTA's after school snack sale.  First I pretended that I'd forgot the cash...April Fools!  Then I said they could get a treat IF they'd eat a bowl of peas and an orange when we got home.  Of course they took the treat and scattered like a pack of wild cats as soon as I stopped the car at home.  (April Fools on me? nah, just the usual.)  So I ran around screaming at them to get in the house and eat their nutritious food or else...
The looks on their faces were perfect when they realized I'd served them green sixlets and candy orange slices jammed into the peels I'd ever so cleverly cleaned out.  April Fools!  And equally funny when they found I'd left half of the real orange in there.  April Fools!... you are just never sure when you are safe around my family on April Fools!  maaauhahahaaaaaa!

PS yeah, to gather that many green sixlets, I now have a ridiculously huge pile of red, orange, yellow and brown sixlets to eat myself!

2 comments:

LL said...

You are the absolute best April Fooler I know. Too funny!!

appetersen said...

Wow Christy - you've outdone yourself (once again!)

Followers