While it is snowing again right now, it was a bit warmer during the week, and the kids have been outside a lot. All the long, Ponderosa pine needles that were in the lawn, under the snow, got rolled up into the snowmen and snow fort. Now that the snow is melting, the needles are poking out, making the remaining snow look hairy.
I’m really happy with the way the kids are playing with the boulders we got last fall. As I was directing the placement of the boulders I was hoping to create a setting for the kind of imaginative escapades I liked as a kid. Unfortunately, the mom in me had to drastically reduce the adventurous potential of the layout in the name of safety. Much to my gratification and without any of my guidance, they have built a little clubhouse sort of space between a couple of the boulders just liked I imagined my 7 year old self would have made.


2 comments:
let's make a folk band name "hairy snow"--i like it. you and your kids are awesomely creatively inspiring, i frequently ask myself, what would the robinson's do?
Very awesome! You are a great mom.
Post a Comment