Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010


For New Year’s Eve we had Grandma & Grandpa C fly in to party with us. We made party hats out of balloons. We spread bubble wrap on the floor and danced on it. (That was a little too loud for J.) We made 2010 out of glow-in-the-dark bracelets. We went on a treasure hunt and found new DVDs which we watched late into the night while eating excessive amounts of sugar. The kids got sent to bed before midnight but the grown ups all stayed awake to do the ol’Spanish 12 grapes-in-the-mouth-at-midnight tradition. And how 'bout that Blue Moon! It made our snow look magical.


4 comments:

Gina said...

I think I've never heard of a New Years Eve party that sounded more fun!! Really! And the 12 grapes in the mouth... I like it! We seriously need to improve our new years celebration (which currently consists of wishing each other a happy new year before heading off to bed early). I'm inspired.

Linn said...

Holy cow, I love you people!

Unknown said...

sounds like so much fun, i think we are blessed that our parents are in such good health. that is one of the things i have been thankful for this year!

LL said...

Sounds fun! I think I went to bed at, like, 9. The night before was a real bear.

There are sure some cute cute chubby cheeks in your family - I love babies in winter hats, with the jowls. :-)

Followers