S has had a momentous couple of days. On Thursday night she received an Honorable Mention ribbon in Visual Arts at the City-wide PTA Reflections award ceremony! She wasn’t a bit shy about going up on the stage to shake hands and get her ribbon. I didn’t even think about bringing my camera?!?!? Duh!Last night S lost her first tooth! (bottom center, left) M wiggled it a bit, but that made her too nervous and she ended up pulling it out by herself a little later. The tooth fairy left her tooth and a quarter so she’s going to leave her tooth under her pillow again tonight to see if she can get another quarter. She wanted to tell some of the kids at church about it, but the only times she thought of it was when the teacher was talking, so she didn’t because she didn’t want to get in trouble. She is seriously identical to how I was when I was 5. She was sliding her tongue around on the new gap and said, “My tongue can go through a door now!” It’s fun for me to watch her and I remember exactly how strange and cool it felt.

3 comments:
She is a doll! Miss you S!
I am not surprised - she's really got talent! I miss seeing you guys (and S's amazing art!)
She's brave to pull out her own tooth! Jack knocked his two top teeth out over the summer. He now has his first "real" loose tooth on the bottom and it's so loose it literally flaps in the wind. Yet he won't pull it out, nor will he let me. I'm worried he will swallow it one of these days! That first lost tooth is always so exciting...the first big step to being a big kid!
Post a Comment