Wednesday, January 13, 2010

stuff we made for Christmas

I just wanted to brag blog about a couple of gifts we made for Christmas gifts.  First M sewed this super cute scarf.  Yes girls, M, my handy & handsome man, sewed it not me.  I AM such a lucky one.

S asked for a little tiny suffed animal for her favorite stuffed animal.  So I made up BB BunBun, as S named her, out of some fabric that her best friend back in San Diego had used as wrapping on her last birthday gift.  She was thrilled.
J likes to pretend to be a cowboy so I made him a spiffy felt cowboy vest.
But the gift I was most excited to give was a mobile I made for M to hang in his new office.  When he was a kid he took apart, remodeled, and blew up almost every toy he ever had.  Remember Sid on Toy Story?  Yep, the mild mannered man you all know and love today was once Distructo-Boy.  Bless her heart, M's mom hung on to a bunch of the body-less action figure limbs, the twisted Erector set beams and the general charred wreckage of M's beloved childhood toys and I used them to make this mobile.  It was really my first attempt at a mobile so I just approached it as if it were a ginormous earring...I think there are probably better ways, but this worked.
 

4 comments:

Gina said...

Love them all, but the mobile is especially wonderful!

Christie said...

Love the cowboy vest (I think J and my 3 year old would be bff if they lived in the same neighborhood).

Mollie said...

Wow, truely amazing stuff. I'm so glad I can still see some of your creations even though we don't live in the same place. I will always remember that amazing tree-house/doll-house you guys did for Christmas a few years back.

Linn said...

You people are incredible! Love them all, but love that mobile for sure.

PS. The Destructo-Boy comment made me laugh hard.

Followers