When the realtor showed us this house 3 years ago, the first
thing I thought was, “Well the FIRST thing I’d do to this place is paint that
horrible peach colored front door.” It just was irritating and clashed even though it was clearly picked to match the crazy brick. M didn't even really like it.
....And we
finally got around to doing it last weekend!! It matches what we've got going on inside and I'm much happier with it now.
We also finally hung a few things on the walls. I'd collected a bunch of random picture frames with glass in them from thrift stores, none of them over $5. While
listening to General Conference, I painted them gold and/or black. I filled them with photos and art from our travels, to make a gallery wall in our computer
nook. I left it sort of off centered to
leave room for future travels.
![]() |
| Add caption |
Here's a closer shot. The red letters are just on the photo so I can explain where they are from.
B - High Sierras, California
D - Tavira, Portugal
E - Russian River, Alaska
F- S's original art work
H - Bruges, Belguim
I - Machu Pichu, Peru
That ornate frame between H & I has a mirror in it.
L - Sevilla, Spain
M - Laie Hawaii Temple (water color by yours truly)
P - Manu, Amazon rain forest, Peru
S - McWay Falls, California
T - Oahu, Hawaii




4 comments:
How your awesomeness goes up with every post, I have no idea, but it does.
Love this!
LOVE LOVE LOVE i especially love how personal each item is with a story behind it...you can feel the warmth of it coming across the room!
Love the new front door color...so bright, cheery, and so you!
Love the art, and I love the front door! I just painted our black front door orange. :-) Amazing what it does to dress up the front of the house, isn't it?
Post a Comment