Sunday, October 14, 2012

Andy Goldsworthy

I remember exactly the moment, location, even the lighting when I saw my first Andy Goldsworthy composition.  Captivating!  Here's some of his works to give you a flavor of his environmental installations.
He finds things that interest him in nature, he lets the things guide him to make these remarkable pieces and then he lets nature take them back again, documenting the finished product as well as its reintegration into the earth.

S and I have tried our hand at some Goldsworthy-esque kinds of creations in the past month.  We don't have the variety of colored leaves he found, but we did play with leaves and light.
Then one day we were canoeing as a family and M dropped us off on a shale beach while he fished for a bit and we did these with the shale and a wire S found.
such a fun way to pass the time.  Maybe someday you'll have a coffee table book of S's famous masterpieces!


1 comment:

LL said...

You are such a cool mom. :-)

Followers