The best part of the week for me was attending S’s school Christmas program. She’s loved practicing for it with the music teacher. She’s become such a serious girl in public. It was one of the sweetest moments yet when she was in position on stage, scanning the audience for familiar faces and her whole self absolutely lit up when she found us. Her class did 3 numbers; one called Little Packages, one to the tune of Old MacDonald and their grand finale was the Russian Dance from the Nutcracker, done with sparkly red green and gold pompoms. It was great.
M has been plunking out the Christmas tunes for our enjoyment!
If anyone has any hints about taking photos of wiggly kids with natural light indoors I'm all ears! Here's what I managed of the kids with the Christmas tree. ehn. I wish the focus were better.
oh! P.S. do you like the pleats at the bottom of S's skirt? It was another case of S growing too tall for something, but not too wide, like here, only this time I took the trouble of doing some nicer sewing. She loves the way it twirls!








3 comments:
The hat, the beautiful dress, the cute baby--I love this post!
No fun to have sick kids.. but I love the description of the cookie decorating by J... and his Elmer Fudd hat (reminds me of my own goofy little 3 year old)
Love the story of the green beans & proteins. I can tell your kids will turn out better well rounded, yet less round, than my kids :)
Post a Comment