I think 5 years old is the perfect age for Christmas. S is so into everything and it’s so magically real for her. Besides the beach bum santa from my last post, she made one of the cutest snowmen I’ve ever seen.
She can’t stop cutting out snowflakes. She wrote her name in candy cane letters. At school she dictated the funniest letter to Santa. Here it its:
Dear Santa,
This is how to get to my house on Christmas Eve:
I don’t know what street we live on but for sure I know we live on sort of a hill. It’s not vey big. My garage is white so I’m sure the house should be white. The door is pink. There are two doors. One is glass so it’s clear. I know that you won’t be able to get down my chimney because there is a thing on the top to keep the rain out. Your big tummy won’t fit. You will get in by the door. I don’t know if the door will be locked. I want a little box of candy and a stuffed animal to keep my other little bunny I sleep with company when I am gone to school. Maybe some pet worms and probably a flat yellow sled. I will leave you some chocolate chip cookies and some milk.
Love, S
The sweetest thing is that every conversation about Christmas ends with her reminding me that her favorite part of the whole holiday is that it is Jesus’ birthday and that her second favorite holiday is Easter because it is about Jesus’ resurrection. She drew at least 5 nativity scenes at church today. She tends to put a couple baby Jesuses in each. I knew a 5 year old in Spain who made a nativity out of modeling clay and she made 5 baby Jesuses for it. So here’s a question for all you moms of 5 year olds out there. Do all 5 year olds always put multiple babies in nativities?
Oh, and in case you were wondering what's up with all those extra lines around the people's hands in the above nativity...that's to show that they are clapping...but you probably already knew that.


No comments:
Post a Comment