Sunday, November 22, 2009

You'll never guess

Most of you who know me very well will likely be surprised by this news.
We bought a piano!

Being somewhat musically challenged myself, owning a piano, or really any musical instrument more sophisticated than, say, a harmonica had never really occurred to me. I didn’t even realize that M was looking for a piano when he showed me one that he’d found on good ‘ol craigslist. It’s a really cool OLD upright grand piano and it was only $50!!!! Yes, it will take a bit of elbow grease to restore it to its original glory not to mention a good tuning, but M is so excited about it he has already started on it. The kids are thrilled too. I guess I’m pretty excited about it too, even though I never even knew I needed a piano.

6 comments:

Linn said...

I love it--I can't think of anything I want more than a piano. I'm so happy for you guys!

Mitchell Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys.

Angie said...

That is great, now your kids can start to take piano lessons!!!
And maybe you too!!

LL said...

We got one almost exactly like that when we moved here. Still badly out of tune, but I really love to listen to the kids sit and play songs and sing. :-)

appetersen said...

That brings back memories! Do you remember our HUGE upright that eventually was stored in our washroom? The kids have good rhythm because they learned to the "beat" of the washer chugging... How fun for your little family!

MarenG said...

The little girl's hair is getting so long! She looks so grown up. Congrats on the piano...it looks like a beautiful old thing!

Followers