Have you read any of the Skippyjon Jones books? They are just about our favorites right now. They are hysterical picture books about a little Siamese cat that pretends to be a sword fighting, mask & cape wearing Chihuahua and uses “his best Spanish accent” on his madcap escapades. If you, any of you, of any age, have not read this goofy little guys books, you must drop whatever you are currently reading and pick him up. Skippyjon Jones likes to say, “HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!” and now that’s J’s favorite phrase too. It makes me laugh out loud every time.
Anyway, the rest of us are currently reading/rereading, and enjoying, these books....





6 comments:
Oh we LOVE Skippyjon Jones! Absolutely love him! Those are the best books ever for sure. And I would pay money to hear J say "Holy Guacamole!"
Skippyjon is one of our very favorites! The kids all LOVE the books....and my best spanish accent too! lol It is nice to have kids that love reading as much as I do!
When I read a Skippyjon Jones book to my kids, they said, "Why are you talking like Abuelo? Stop it." I thought the books were cute and funny, but the accent kind of freaked the boys out. :-)
We just read "Some Dogs Do" (Jez Alborough, I think, is the author), it was an impulse at the library, just grabbed a random book off the shelf, saw it was about a dog so we got it. Darling story and I think the illustrations are wonderfully expressive.
I loved The Secret Garden and A Little Princess when I was young. I found my very worn copies the other day and had a moment of sadness that I'll never have a daughter to share them with.
We love Skippyjon Jones too...and I always try and imitate the mexican accent when reading it. Olivia thinks I'm nutso, but Jack and Grant get a kick out of it. Wish I had the cleverness to come up with that one!
no, i did not know about skippyjon jones and now i know what trav is getting for christmas--especially because trav and i have a siamese cat--you know, they are mischievous little things...with lots of personality deserving of accents and weird looks from children: lol
Thanks for the tip on the Skippyjon Jones books! We checked them all out from the library and Mr. A just loves them... so fun to read aloud. We'll have to collect them all.
Post a Comment