Monday, December 3, 2012

WAIT! It's December already!!?!?!?!

I just took down the Halloween decorations literally 2 days ago.  I'm not even kidding!  And look it's already December!  Luckily I had our Christmas Advent Calendar ready & waiting for us.  My cleaver and perfectly lovely friend Ruth gave me the idea of wrapping up all our Christmas books and then letting the kids open one each day until Christmas Day!  Love it!  AND I wrapped the books last year as we were packing them away so it's a no-brainer now!  I also had the foresight to number (using my dandy silhouette cutter) each package,  to insure that the best books get unwrapped early on and I'll only have to read the annoying ones for a couple of days!
Another dead give away that it is December is the rapidly filling calendar.  I got put in charge of the photo booth for the church Christmas party next weekend and I think our photos are going to look something like this...
I know EVERYBODY is going mustache crazy lately and for a long time it was important to me that things seem timeless and not trendy or quickly outdated.  But lately I've been going through some old family photos and am realizing that I love things that really mark the era they came from. . . for example could there be a cuter family in the 1960s?  (my mom is the beauty in blue on the left & Grampa is taking the photo so that's why he's missing.)
or how about M (the littlest one on the left) and his brothers rocking these little polyester suits and mega-collars, Papa's styl'n chops and that groovy pendant lamp leaving no room for question that this photo is from the late 1970s.
And 80-O-Rama baby!  The prepped collar, long pearls, big pastel floral prints, and BANGS . . . yes folks, this was BEFORE I started to really wear BIG hair!
So that long tangent was to explain why we are going for the super trendy mustache photo booth.  I hope everyone at the church party is cool with that. 

Oh and by the way, I did all the photo editing and overlays on the staching through the snow photo with this fun free site called picmonkey.  Upload a photo and then click on all the little icons along the left side to explore all their fun effects.

1 comment:

LL said...

LOVE! those old pictures are especially wonderful. :-)

Followers