Sunday, June 5, 2011

first week of summer

This week has been full of:
                  good, early-summer smells;
                                    dry pine forests, lilacs and chokecherry blossoms
                  some wonderful early-summer fruits;
                                    watermelon, cherries and blueberries. (For your health and waistline’s
                                    sakes I will NOT be posting any of the scrumptious berry recipes
                                    I made this week!)
                  and lots of early-summer fun;
                                    lazing around, overheated flushed cheeks and birthday parties.

Here are the 2 gifties we gave.  I'll be sad when S and her friends get too grown-up to think that my homemade gifts are the coolest.  First we took a dollar store tote bag and fancied it up for a girl that goes to the same dance studio as S.
 before
                                                    after
Next we made a t-shirt for a girl who likes all things girly, but also likes dinosaurs.  (Yes those dinos have real tulle tutus!)  Some of you out there may recognize some of elements of the drawings on this shirt...I guess one nice thing about moving far away from all our children's friends is I can recycle images every once in a while. :)
We also squeezed in an hour or so at Storybook Island with M, so we have plenty of pictures to entice you to come visit us soon.

2 comments:

Linn said...

Will they EVER be too old to think your gifts are not cool? Not even possible! Love both of them.

Mollie said...

I was going to say the same thing as Linn. Really, I don't think anyone outgrows your homemade gifts!

Followers