Sunday, May 22, 2011

rain!

It has been a wonderfully rainy week!  Those of you in the Northwest may be tired of rain already, but we don’t get months and months of it and it makes everything look so green and clean, it is a welcome relief to the colorless cold of winter.  I love seeing colorful little raincoats and galoshes romping around in the yard.  We are on a hillside and get a perfect little stream trickling through the yard…but stream isn’t the right word; “stream” is too big for what we get...maybe a rivulet?  Whatever it should be called, it is just the right size to entertain 3 budding hydrologists, but not make a mom worry about any Bridge to Terabithia sorts of tragedy.

1 comment:

Malerie said...

Ah they look so happy! I'm glad you got some rain. Kids need rain! Although, Madeline has this thing where she hates spilling water on herself (she's a little OCD) and so she isn't a huge fan of the rain. I'm pretty sure spending the first 2 years of her life in San Diego with pretty much no rain didn't help either :)

Followers