Sunday, May 15, 2011

DANCE!

This week has been about S and her big dance recital. She had 4 dress rehearsals and 2 performances. I don’t know if this is typical for little girls dance classes, but it wore us out!!! For the first time in my children’s lives I actually served them Ramen; that’s just how bad it got.


The first time we got S in costume and make-up, she loved it. The second time she told me that the teacher told her they all need to wear blue eye shadow and bright red lipstick…off to the drug store we went.  About the third rehearsal she was beginning to realize what a pain it is to remove make-up afterwards. By the time we were leaving for the final performance she sobbed that she just wanted to stay home and play.
She was pretty cute at her performances and smiled her shy little smile the whole time. The ballet number she was in told the tale of Ferdinand the Bull and her class was a swarm of bumble bees that sting Ferdinand and make him temporarily to seem like the wildest bull on the farm.
Her tap number was done to Van Morison's Brown Eyed Girl, which was fun because I always sing that song (or at least the age appropriate parts of it) to S because she is my brown eyed girl. Her favorite parts of the shows were the curtain calls and giving a bow and receiving the applause.
I'm pretty sure we are in for a couple more years of this because we'd do about anything for our brown eyed girl!  This last shot is my favorite of the week...oh, how she loves her daddy!

6 comments:

Emily said...

glad to know that your dance class recitals were just as intense as ours. amelia's is coming up and she not only has a dress rehearsal, but also a technical rehearsal. it's all just a little too intense for me, but she seems to like it.

Unknown said...

i love, love, love that she is a bee. okay, so i too, do not get the intensity of the dance schedule--was it like that when were that young? or maybe it was and that is why i gave up dance for soccer:)

Linn said...

She is an absolute doll and while I completely get not wanting to dress up and put on makeup (do I ever want to?), she looks fabulous. We sure miss her--and all of you!

LL said...

Darling! How fun to see the things she enjoys doing. :-)

KjB said...

She looks great, Christy! I bet it was lots of fun watching her. It looks like S is still a string bean like Sasha. Sasha looks ridiculously skinny in her gymnastics leotard - all arms and legs like a brittle star. :-) We miss you guys!

Malerie said...

Oh she is TOO cute! I need to get Madeline in a class ASAP :)

Followers