Sunday, February 27, 2011

What we did for Presidents Day

Lest you think I have the monopoly on imagination around here, take a look at what M & the kids concocted last Monday while they were all out of school for Presidents Day.  What used to be a large boring cardboard box is now "The T-Rex Chomper Space Rocket".  (Yes, those are 3-D yellow paper flames coming out the back.)
Here is a view from the inside of the cockpit,
 
and the bold flight captain behind the navigational disk dashboard of her own design, 
the dashing co-pilot peeking out from behind the hanging moons and stars which create a 3-D, possibly 4-D map of the universe.
This is the launch site where the rocket is placed over the flight crew in a plastic toboggan and blasted down our hills.  
As it turns out, even with our highly developed imaginations, a large cardboard box still isn’t very aerodynamic and a couple of the design features drug in the snow slowing it down, but it is a fabulous inside plaything now.  It really is out of this world!  Almost as fantastic as I think these cute little goofballs are.

2 comments:

Linn said...

Oh my goodness, that last picture.

What a fun project, you guys are so creative!

And your comment on our blog, I thought I would die this morning from laughter. Thanks for helping me to wake up before I jumped on the treadmill!

LL said...

Fun!!

Followers