Some year, I'll let the kids make their own valentines or maybe even chose store-bought (gasp!) valentines to hand out to friends. But for now I'm still the boss (sort of) and so they will be handing out what I think is cool. Luckily this year we all agree, these turned out brilliantly.
Not my own idea, I saw it somewhere in a magazine or online, but so fun! It's probably pretty evident from the photo, but the basic how-to goes...
-take a photo of each kid holding a fist out in front of them.
(we stuck a bunch of hearts on the wall for a festive background first.)
-digitally add a little greeting along the side.
(ours said,"a treat for my sweet, happy valentine's day)
-have them printed up.
-cut slits in each print at the top & bottom of their hand.
-slip lollipop sticks through the slits and put a bit of tape on the back to hold the stick to the card whilst being jostled about in the classmates' valentine envelop/box. Your good to go!
This one doesn't have a class to send valentines to, so he's just sending all his squishy, drooly, almost 2 year-old love to YOU!
Happy Valentine's Day!


6 comments:
What a darling idea! and darling kids, too! :)
again, so so so cute, i only want to get valentines if they are from personalized cute ones like yours:) thanks for encouraging comments on my blog-keeps me motivated!
We did the same thing this year! Although, I wish I had seen yours first - I love the background, and the cute greeting - ours just say Happy Valentine's Day. Too cute!
I LIKE it!! I like it enough to even shake me out of my lazy storebought valentine habit and give it a go next year.
Those are darling! What a fun idea!
Alright, I totally feel cool right now! That's what we did for valentines this year too! (though ours don't look nearly as lovely as yours!) And if I did something you did, that makes me vicariously amazing - because YOU ARE AMAZING ;)
Post a Comment