Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sketchbook Project 2011

A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I have been working on a sketchbook. I always have a couple of sketchbooks I’m doodling in, but this one is specifically for the Brooklyn Art Library’s Sketchbook Project 2011.

Basically anyone could sign up, have a standard sketchbook sent to them, fill it up & return it by the deadline then the Art Library is exhibiting them as a collection in select cities around the country. (Shockingly, RC didn’t make the list.)

People who go to the exhibit get a temporary library card and can check out sketchbooks, sit back and peruse to their hearts’ content. The fun thing for the artists is that we get an email every time someone checks out our sketchbook and when it’s all over our books go on permanent collection at the Art Library!

It’s kind of thrilling to be part of something so big. They sent out over 28,000 sketchbooks! If you go here, you can find links to some of the artists’ blogs about their sketchbooks. They are all so beyond inspiring and put so much effort into this that I felt a bit sheepish turning in my slightly lackluster, random book. But I did it and coming from this easily distracted, way out of the loop, stay at home mom, simply finishing something is a rare and beautiful thing.
Here are a few of my favorite pages.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

ooohhhh, i love them....that is awesome! i especially love your snowmen, i still have the coloring book you made me:0)

Linn said...

There are not words for how much I love your art. I would check out your book from the library, steal it and then confess on my deathbed. Absolutely LOVE it!

Mollie said...

Thanks for posting these - so fun to look at. I LOVE the stacked birds. You have such amazing talent!

Lara J. said...

The Sketchbook Project is coming to DC! It's on my calendar, so watch your email for the day we check it out in April.

LL said...

That is so cool! You are awesome - I wish I had just a smidgen of your talent!!!!

Alyson said...

You are so amazingly talented...what a wonderful project! Wish I could check it out sometime, just for a little inspiration. My favorites are the little toddler and the grasshopper, and the castle. Amazing...

Followers