Near tragedy today. S has a nasty cough that kept her home from the 1st grade Halloween party, but no other symptoms to keep her quietly in bed. To ease her sorrow we made a monster mash game. Essentially it's the same as
this only we used the monsters I drew awhile back plus a few new ones. So far we haven't caught many monsters on the swatters, but it's been a lot of noisy fun. (
Edit: When M came home he identified and remedied my game's design flaw...we weren't catching monsters because they were too small relative to the size of our suction cups! Trial & error The scientific method has proved that 3 inch circles are effective targets for 1 inch suction cups. I've changed the images below accordingly.)
If you right click on these images you can save and print out your own set of monsters to mash!...print 2 and make it a monster matching game which might be a lot quieter. :)
Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
love, love, love this! i love handmade/homemade games! so cute! i hope s feels better, what a little smarty m is to help you figure out ratio solution!
That's so cute! My kids will love those monsters :)
I hate it when they get sick on the big days. Savannah had a stomach bug in Sept. and missed out on a big festival at school that day and was devastated. The worst is when they don't really feel sick enough to want to stay home.
You are a better mother than I am! I sent Javier anyway and said, "Just try not to let your teacher hear you coughing." Oy.....
Super cute monster game! I'm looking forward to making that one!
Post a Comment