Wednesday, July 28, 2010

canvases

It has easily been decades since I painted anything on an actual canvas.  I've been distracted from them by other dimensions and medias.  I saw a listing for a one morning "painting with texture" workshop in our summer rec programs booklet and thought I'd like to learn about that.  I was the only adult in the class, but whatever, I loved it.  Here's the products of a morning well spent.


This one is a little busy, but hey, it was all about experimenting with different techniques.  It's got tissue paper, cheese cloth, tin foil and some sort of polymer gel stuff on it, besides the acrylic paint.

I really liked the way this one turned out, more simple, just acrylics, tissue paper and cheese cloth.  I let some of the cheese cloth threads stay free and moving off the canvas...I have a hard time staying in a square box. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

i also love the second one. love, love the colors, and i love that you can't stay in the box...very inspiring!

LL said...

Love it!

One thing I love to do is buy a few cheap canvasses each year at Michael's and then I let the kids each do a painting that we hang in our house. I love how artistic and unconcerned they are - I worry too much about getting it just right and am too self-conscious. I've wanted to do a painting class...waiting until the kids are a bit older, but maybe I shouldn't!

Followers