I keep thinking that I will find time to blog about our whole vacation in one concise post, but that is daunting enough that I might never get started on it. So here's the first installment of the epic summer adventure.

First we spent a couple of fun filled days at the Cannon family cabin. We had a couple of my brothers there to entertain us,
and quite a few nieces & nephews too! S said her favorite part was fishing. The river had flooded the area we call "Camp Starvation" the week before, leaving perfect,little kid-sized, slow-moving streams and ponds all over the place.
The little kids had the most fun catching fish that were stranded in these quickly receding bodies of water. Cousin J’s approach was to literally smack, smash and pound the living daylights out of them. S chose to carry hers around in a plastic bag of water for hours. Both method of demise were a bit difficult to watch.
There were a lot of work projects going on around the cabin. And, when I say cabin, I don't want you to picture some swank, decked out, mountain mansion. We are talking more along the lines of a much loved, well worn shanty. It is shared with my vast paternal extended family. Parts of it have been there over a hundred years and other parts have been tacked on as needs changed. Recently a new front porch has been added and I guess that made me want to capture some of the parts of the cabin that are nostalgic for me before more things change. So while everyone else was busy painting, hammering and messing with the archaic electrical lines, I was photographing. One of my favorite things is the quirky, mismatched flatware and dishes.
Next we went to Brigham City to attend my class reunion. Yep, it was just as awkward as high school was 20 years ago. My best friend since second grade was the one in charge and maybe because she was the one in charge, there were 12 of us from my elementary school class. I’m pretty sure we only had 20 of us in the whole grade, so we got a photo of all of us to send to our kindergarten teacher.
Sunday we got to M's brother's house. We used the self-timer and some photoshop magic to get this shot of the whole clan!
Yeah, and that was just the first week, so stay tuned for Alaska!!!!!












1 comment:
Awesome! Looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment