We’ve had 3 snow storms this week that have put down 3 or 4 inches each and then the snow completely melted within 24 hours of each storm. It’s beautiful, then it’s gone. It’s fantastic!!! On the way to school on one snowy day, AJ said, “I feel sad for the snow that falls in the street. It gets all dirty and grey instead of staying bright and pretty like the snow on the grass.”
We had snow Saturday morning for the Easter egg hunt. To hide the eggs, M and I just walked to the center of the yard and then chucked the plastic eggs in all directions so the kids couldn’t follow our footprints to the eggs. Some of them landed neatly on top of the snow, but some of them got thrown a little too hard and burrowed under the snow so the kids had to watch for random isolated holes too just in case.
I cleverly placed a few eggs right next to some actual bunny tracks in the snow! I know, I know, I’m aaaaahhhh-mazing! And no, no one else noticed.
I think the only disappointment this Easter for me was I missed singing one of my favorite hymns, Christ the Lord is Risen Today, with the congregation today ~ nothing says "I'm really grateful for Christ's resurrection" like a hymn with 12 exclamation points! Alleluia!
For some Easter themed yard art, J and I built a snow lamb and a couple of snow peeps before the snow melted that afternoon.
We dyed a few eggs. We tried using a Kool-Aid recipe for the dye. meh. We didn’t think it did any better job than the regular dyes and we even added some food coloring to some of them, but it did SMELL a lot better than the vinegar kind. (I cheated on the photos by using a vivid filter so the eggs appear to be as colorful as we imagined they’d be.)
Since the dye was completely edible, AJ decided to peel his egg first and THEN dyed it and eat it right away...lemon lime hard boiled egg anyone?
We tried using hot glue to block out areas instead of white wax or rubber cement. meh. Sometimes it slid off the eggs in the dye, and sometimes it peeled the egg shell off with it when we tried to rub it off. S managed to keep the hot glue in an egg shape when she peeled it off the egg, so that was sort of cool.
We also busted out the Sharpies and colored some eggs that way. Egg dying is all about the process here.
Besides a Saturday morning egg hunt our most consistent Easter tradition is that I stay up WAAAAAAAAAY to late on Saturday night, sewing an Easter dress for S, and then she refuses to wear it to church Easter morning. This year we kept the tradition alive, only this time it was because S (and I) stayed home from church because she’s sick (again); bummer.
Besides a Saturday morning egg hunt our most consistent Easter tradition is that I stay up WAAAAAAAAAY to late on Saturday night, sewing an Easter dress for S, and then she refuses to wear it to church Easter morning. This year we kept the tradition alive, only this time it was because S (and I) stayed home from church because she’s sick (again); bummer.
I think the only disappointment this Easter for me was I missed singing one of my favorite hymns, Christ the Lord is Risen Today, with the congregation today ~ nothing says "I'm really grateful for Christ's resurrection" like a hymn with 12 exclamation points! Alleluia!













No comments:
Post a Comment