Sunday, March 6, 2016

a cuddly birthday for AJ

Happy Birthday AJ!!! You know, I get a big kick out of throwing my kids’ birthday parties, but we decided to change things up a bit. Now on your odd birthdays you get a family party and on even birthdays you get a friend party. AJ turned 7 yesterday so it was a family party. He wanted a “cuddle” themed birthday…what?!?!?

He decided that a cuddly birthday involved sleeping outside in a tent in the backyard with as much of the family on the same air mattress as possible and then spending the day in our pajamas.  We had unseasonably warm weather (lows in the 40s) so I gave him the okie dokie on sleeping outside. That was cuddly. 
 S made him a stuffed shark to match his shark blanket that he got for Christmas. That was cuddly.

I made him a stuffed ewok to match his last Halloween costume. That was cuddly. 

I also gave him some cute Japanese erasers for his eraser collection; tiny, but cuddly looking.  He took these photos of the erasers. He tells me that the top shot is them putting on a nativity and the bottom is them ice skating. 
J and M gave him a BIG Minions MegaBloc set; not cuddly, but tons of fun.
I wasn't sure what a cuddly cake would look like so asked him what animals are cuddly and he said his favorite would be a sloth. Well, okay. So that’s what I did for his cake; a sloth. I think it did indeed turn out kind of cuddly looking and I got to try out a new icing tip for the fur. He loved it and it tasted pretty good too; chocolate cake with mint frosting.
I love this adorably quirky kid and how he pushes the boundaries of my creativity at every turn!

1 comment:

LL said...

Your kids are so funny! What a great birthday - that cake......AMAZING!!! As always. :-)

Followers