AJ requested a baby jaguar. He is made of felt on corduroy on a denim patch. I put the jaguar spots on with a Sharpie.
J drew a picture of the alien he wanted on his patch, so I added "fabric medium" to regular acrylic paint and painted on denim.
AJ also has a set of sea creatures painted on denim.
I know you've seen this idea floating around Pintrest and the blogosphere, but here's my take on it; 3 are always better than 1. I trimmed up the edges of the holes, (not really sure how J managed to get 3 holes in these before I caught them.) Then I sewed red fleece and white tablecloth vinyl teeth behind the holes and finished off with felt eyes.
This photo isn't the best, but there's a monkey and crocodile painted on these patches
You knew we weren't going to make it through this post without a Star Wars reference, didn't you. It's 3 shades of denim and machine stitched details. (I used fray-check on the edges of each little piece, but there's still a good chance this is going to self-destruct in the future.
We've listened to the whole Dragonology Chronicles series and have dragons on the brain so here's my goofy little rendering of an Africa wyvren.
S requested a sparkly comet patch which I apparently never photographed and can't find the jeans it got sewn onto at the moment, so you'll get to use your imagination on that one.
It's so much fun for me to see my little kids running around wearing my little creations. We are almost looking for things to patch now.







2 comments:
Amazing, as always! This year I took the lazy route and just chopped them all off and hemmed them. We have no pants left, but plenty of shorts for the summer!
you seriously could make money off of these!!!!
Post a Comment