Making a yarn tassel is a skill everyone should have, of course, *wink* but if you want a refresher this one was good.
Preschoolers in mortar boards are just adorable!
If you are going to make mortar boards, you might as well make some more out of chocolate too
The favorite game of the day was animal charades. (They could make sounds as well as act them out. How would you act out “seahorse”?)
I also made up some color-your-own diplomas for them that I think turned out really splendid. They loved having the whole class to color.
I don't think I ever posted a photo of the class job chart I made. The kid drawings on the diplomas will make a little more sense if you see that.
We'd let them put their popsicle-stick-self on their job for the day as they arrived at the host home. The kid on "lesson" helper would, among other things, help us decide what the weather was like that day and slide the appropriate image into place. Over the course of the year we had some kids move out, so that's why there are 6 on the diplomas and only 4 on the job chart. Anywho they got to take their popcicle-stick-self home with them after the party for keeps.
I have had someone take a photo of me with each of our kids at their mom-run co-op preschool graduation in nearly the same pose. I imagine we will have similar matching photos when they graduate from high school, only they probably won’t be so enthusiastic about giving me a hug, and since they will be significantly taller, we won’t be able to take the photos from such a flattering angle for my chin! :)
It was a fun, but fast year for us. He has gotten so tall recently; he seems so much older too quickly.







1 comment:
So Adorable! I love the last picture got a little teary eyed even we will blame that on the hormones of course.... hahaha
Post a Comment