Monday, July 30, 2012

happy things

Here are a couple of things that have made us happy this week!

J lost his first tooth!!!  M made a little lasso out of dental floss and J used it to pull the tooth out all by himself.  He couldn’t be prouder.
and it makes a handy slot for drinking straws!
Our car’s battery was dying and AJ overheard M and me discussing when we could fit a replacement into our schedules.  Well that funny kid went straight to the battery drawer in the kitchen, and started pulling out all the AA and AAA rechargeable batteries he could find, and brought fists full of them out to us!  So sweet and so smart!  M told him that we needed a really big battery to which AJ replied that he could get more where these came from.  If only all our “toys” could run on that kind of battery!  He went with M to get the new battery and then was a most serious and dedicated tool helper, letting M know which tools were “daddy sized” and “baby sized” for him.

This week we've been highly entertained by The Piano Guys videos. None of us can listen to their version of "What Makes You Beautiful" without grinning from ear to ear and tapping our toes. Of course the kid's favorite is "Cello Wars", and any of the sort of silly ones with the cellist, like "Rockelbel’s Canon".
I've been fancying myself in a pair of sassy polka dot shoes, maybe something like these. . .
The reality of it is I'm a smidgen on the clumsy side and a bit too tall to pull these off, plus I guess I don't shop at the right stores to find them either. However I did recently score a pair of red flats on summer clearance.  *yeah!*  I promptly removed their blasé bows. Then used white acrylic paint and the wooden handle of a foam brush to polka-dot my own safer version. It's a tad silly how happy it makes me to look down at these on my feet.

Hope there's lots of happy things coming your way this week!

2 comments:

LL said...

Yay for the tooth! My 5 year old has his first loose tooth right now - he is very excited, as I'm sure J was when he discovered his first loose tooth. :-)

LOVE the piano guys - that is so cool!! Thanks for sharing that - my boys are gonna love it!

I think your shoes are darling!

Melanie said...

As always, I'm inspired : )

Followers