Sunday, February 26, 2012


We have an infestation of fruit flies. . .  in the dead of winter. . . in South Dakota.  That will make you feel like a lousy housekeeper in a hurry.  Every time AJ catches me swatting at one of them he exclaims, “Mom!  What you doing?!?!  Baby dragonflies my best friends!!! Don’t smash them.”  Anybody remember when S was this age and would flip out if I killed any bugs in the house because, “If you kill them, what will the spiders to eat!?!?!”  These two definitely didn't get their father's hunting instincts.

Anyway, guess who turns 3 tomorrow?  Yep, our very own AJ.  I keep telling myself, “the birthday boy and guests are only 3 year olds, don’t go overboard.”  But then I think, “Well a person doesn’t get to throw too many preschool birthday parties in a lifetime.  So why hold back?”  I'll post pics after the big day and you can decide which train of thought won out.

3 comments:

Linn said...

I think I might know the answer and cannot WAIT to see the evidence!

Doug and Amanda said...

I am so excited for the pics, and sad that we don't get to see it first hand. We do miss you guys! Happy birthday to Little guy.....

LL said...

I can't wait!!! :-)

Followers