Monday, December 19, 2011

Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest

Saturday evening was the Girls Night Out Christmas party. There was an ugly Christmas sweater contest, but unfortunately I don’t own any Christmas shirts regardless of their attractiveness quotient. Never fear, the MacGyver of Crafting that I am, I took one of my regular sweaters, a half a dozen silk poinsettias of varying sizes, a couple safety pins, and a fake cardinal and in 3 minutes flat, I had created the sweater that won second place that night; thank you very much!
As I was leaving for the party, M called to me, “Are you SURE it’s an ugly sweater contest? Cuz sometimes you do kind of unusual stuff and if no one else is wearing ugly sweaters they might just think you seriously think that looks cool.” Nice vote of confidence! But probably justified.  It was actually kind of fun to have a fake bird on my shoulder all night. I’m thinking that Wear A Bird On Your Shoulder Day could be a really hilarious unofficial holiday to start up, (kind of like September 19th International Talk Like A Pirate Day, matey). Who’s with me on this one!?!?!  But let's do it in the summer. . . it was not so easy to wear a coat AND a bird.

3 comments:

Malerie said...

Haha. This is great. you actually pull that off quite well! :)

Gina said...

The fake cardinal is so fantastic.

LL said...

When the pic popped up I thought, oh no she's gone too far this time! Ha ha - that sweater was a great entry for what I'm sure was a funny contest. :-)

Our village in Wisconsin actually celebrates talk like a pirate day. You could probably get them on board with the bird thing too. :-)

Followers