Sunday, December 11, 2011

this year's tree

This is our 3rd Christmas here and our 3rd Christmas tree that we've killed, er I mean, cut by ourselves.  I thought I was going to be calloused enough this year to just march into the hills and not anthropomorphize the vegetation. . . I guess not yet.  It was ridiculously cold so AJ needed to get back in the vehicle and out of the breeze which afforded me an excuse to not watch the actual spilling of sap, but as I carried AJ through the groves, I could FEEL all our victim's brother and sister trees staring me down with looks of "HOW COULD YOU?!?!?"

Here it is all dressed up in our living room.
The kids are pretty sick of having their photos taken these days.
M and I joked that it might be easier to make some new kids if we want nice family Christmas card photos this year. . . and well, we ended up doing just that.

2 comments:

Linn said...

Hahahahaha!

Now that is just awesome.

Malerie said...

Haha. :)

Followers