I might have had a lot of fun painting mine too.

HOW did we make yarn monsters you ask? They are pretty much:
random lengths of yarn from the stash,
dipped in very-slightly-thinned-with-water white glue,
laid to dry in monster-ish shapes overnight on waxed paper,
while wet, sprinkled generously with glitter,
when dry, hot glued googlie eyes on and hung on wire hangers!
J made an awesome pumpkin with black cats, spiders, and bats exploding from its head for his homework assignment.
We all (well, except M) have black socks with skulls on them that we’ve been wearing far longer than is hygienically appropriate.
I came across a wreath that we'd been given for our wedding. It was forest green and burgundy eucalyptus, and it has be quite a while since those colors have been in vogue in our house and it was just taking up storage space. Never fear, waste not, want not, one can of metallic silver spray paint, a couple of fake crows, purple twinkle lights and a few doo-dads later. . .
we have a Halloween wreath!Why do ghouls and demons always hang out together?
Because demons are a ghouls best friend.
It looks like I’ve got 3 dragon costumes to make. If I get around to it maybe I’ll go as another mythical creature too and we’ll figure out a Hagrid costume for M. So what are you guys going to dress up as this year???



4 comments:
oh, I love the decorations looks like fun!
oooohhhhh--always so inspired by your posts! what cute little yarn monsters! and love the recycled wreath--brilliant. did you finish "the perfect mile?" how did you like it? love you!
Oh, how fun!
As for sock hygiene, don't worry too much about it. I've got a kid that will chew on his dirty socks, biting off little pieces and actually consuming them - while still wearing the socks! You're certainly not grosser than we are!!!! :-)
Love the yarn monsters--we'd made yarn bowls awhile ago, but we'll have to do this. The kids will love it.
I'm sad that the kids seem to be past where I can organize a costume theme. We've got quite the assortment this year--puppy, vampire, and a little viking. I'll probably just pop on a witch hat and S has an awesome pirate costume that he's going to have to wear a few more times to make it worth the purchase price :)
Post a Comment