Sunday, May 23, 2010

meet the new neighbors

I'd like to introduce you to our new neighbors, the Foxes.  No, not like Michael J., like real live, sly foxes.  We saw the parents last year, but last week they debuted the new kits. 
They are so cute. 
They love to romp through the tall grass and pounce on each other.  Their den is in our neighbor's yard which we can see perfectly from our huge back windows, but there is an old, abandoned den in our yard that they sort of use as a play house or a fort or something so they are always traipsing through our yard to get there.
We discovered that they also like to play with our stuff when they think we aren't watching. 
Actually J's shoes went missing early in the week.   The last place I saw them was on the deck.  Well yesterday M discovered one of them sticking out of the old den along with what appears to be the rawhide bones absconded from the majority of the neighborhood dogs and other sundry items!  Now if that's not incentive to keep your toys picked up in the yard, I don't know what is!

We have some other, less active, new arrivals in the neighborhood too.  My favorites are the shooting stars.
They are a little wild cyclamen & are just about the most charming wildflower ever!
We've also got some mountain bluebells showing their color, and some pretty purple wallflowers which I, ironically, haven't taken a photo of yet. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

just don't think i can ever get enough of nature, ever.....

Linn said...

Oh my goodness, they are cute!

LL said...

Love the foxes! How fun for you guys!

kim said...

I love baby animals--and love have wildlife in the backyard! Glad you are getting to enjoy it all!

Followers