I had a massive Finish It Up Friday. AJ has always been a drooler, not just when he is teething; ALWAYS. He can drench himself faster than you can believe. This was fine, a bit irksome, but fine until we moved to the great white north, and now whenever we step outside he has a little plate of ice forming on the front of his wee little chest. BRRRR! The drool just slides down plastic bibs and soaks his pants and absorbent ones simply slow the deluge. So the first order of business on FIUF was to finish the appliquéing on 4 plain store-bought bibs for the drooly little one. A couple of weeks ago I let S draw pictures for the backs of 2 and I did the other 2…feeling awfully generous about sharing the creative opportunity. Then I scanned, fiddled with and printed the drawings on iron-on transfer paper and ironed them on to 4 more blank store-bought bibs. I sandwiched a piece of plastic between two bibs and sewed them together and he has had a dry shirt ever since. I think everybody here’s favorite is the happy robot.
They are baby aliens
and a baby T-Rex
I must admit that I did start a new refashioning project for myself too, BUT I finished it too so that’s really the whole idea of FIUF. I saw some cute, black, ballet flats in a Boden catalog, but they were $120.00. I wasn’t prepared to pay that much, and I had a pair of plain, boring, black, dress shoes just begging to be fancied up. So with a yard or 2 of ribbon, some bling and a LOT of industrial strength glue and I made my own knock-offs for under $10!







8 comments:
WOW..that's all I can say.... everything is just adorable!
You amaze me. It is after 1 and I haven't even showered yet, let alone gotten anything else done. :-)
Seriously, how are you for real?! I mean it. Please, please come and live by me. Puh-lease! I'll cook and clean and make dinner for all of you if you will be that creative for my kids. Please!!
so, sew, so, sew amazing! (oh, she thinks she is punny) you're inspiring and i love it! keep it coming!
Your FIUF is such a good idea. I have at least 50 half-finished projects. So many, in fact, that it is overwhelming to even think about finishing them! But perhaps just a few at a time are manageable. Though none are even half as cute as yours...You inspire me to let the creative person inside the mom emerge!
I agree with Linn. Seriously you are the bomb!!! Those are so cute. Miss ya.
You are AMAZING! As with everything you make, those are the cutest bids I have ever seen! And you could probably sell them for other drooling kids. Thanks for sharing!
oh the shoes...
Post a Comment