This is the command center for our house. I framed a white board and made the corkboard matte. It's a little messy, but we understand how it works and whose notes are in what color/area etc. It's been this way for years and this summer I just added ....da da da da!!!!.....menu clips!
I covered 7 clothes pins with scrapbook paper, wrote the days of the week on them, hot glued them to the corkboard and then printed little cards with all the meal in our typical menu rotation. My usual meal planning gets scribbled on the shopping list and then lost half way through the week, BUT NOW I can put up these dandy little cards and remember what dinner I bought that odd ingredient for, BEFORE it goes bad. I'm a visual person, so this is just right for me. It's also been handy on nights when something came up and there needed to be a change of plan; I could just switch cards around and still keep track of my plan. I keep my cards alphabetized in a coupon organizer tucked away in a drawer.
I saw something like this only it was in its own frame and on an easel on a counter...who has room for one more thing on their counter?!?!?! Probably looks like a lot of visual clutter to some people, but I'm really happy with my command center addition.


2 comments:
Cute! I keep trying to go paperless and do things electronically, but I just can't quite do it. I need to see it all up on the wall at once, not a bunch of illegible squares on my phone. :-/
I love EVERYTHING about this!
Post a Comment