I helped out at his class party. Kindergartners are just so cute! I drew the "Pin the Lips on the Lady" game board; one of the dads helping with the party teased that he wanted to ask her out.
For his valentines, J pumped up balloons, tied them just part way so they could be deflated without popping them. He wrote a message or drew Lego figures and goofy faces on the balloons with Sharpies, and then deflated them. The drawings then become impossibly small and J thought they looked really cool. The deflated balloons were then taped to cards that said, "I'm BURSTING with happiness that we are friends."
He spent a loooooooooooooooong time drawing all over a balloon for the principal, Mr. D. In the middle of the day, Mr. D came into J's class and announced that he needed to talk to J...the way he usually announces that he needs to talk to a student who is in TROUBLE! As you can imagine, our timid, quiet, little J about died. Mr. D said he was amazed at the tiny drawings and asked how he did it and how long it took him. I really like Mr. D.
S stuck mini candy canes (that I had the presence of mind to pick up on an after Christmas sale a month and a half ago!) together with melted white chocolate to make heart-shaped lollipops. She added tags that said,"We were MINT to be friends!"
S stuck mini candy canes (that I had the presence of mind to pick up on an after Christmas sale a month and a half ago!) together with melted white chocolate to make heart-shaped lollipops. She added tags that said,"We were MINT to be friends!"
She wanted a disco ball for a valentines box but settled for an extra globe that I had in my future project pile instead. She made a little sign for it that said, "World Love and Peas". She intended it to say "Peace" but decided to embrace the mistake and drew little green peas with smiley faces all over the sign.
I stopped into her class party too. The mom in charge of their party was sick that day, so she'd dropped off the food and told the teacher 'good luck'. We had an extra bag of conversation hearts from the kindergarten party, so I gave each table a pile of them and had a contest to see which table could construct the highest structure with them; turned out quite fun. I can't believe that was S's last class party in Elementary School! I wonder if I'll ever get to do another holiday themed hair-do again???






2 comments:
Really!!! I love them all so creative! and the hair??? I have no patience for that but it looks amazing!
So fun and clever! I can never let my kids see this. Every year they reuse their old valentine box, and they weren't fancy to begin with. You are such a fun mom!!
Post a Comment