Sunday, January 25, 2015

one project, done!

My goal for this year is to get projects DONE!!!  M claims, with good reason, that I have creativity ADHD.  I live for the euphoria of a new idea, the captivation of planning out the details, and the thrill of hunting for and gathering the materials needed.  Sadly that is as far as 8 out of 10 of my projects go before I'm hit with another intoxicating new idea that I start to run with.  

In the event of an apocalyptic disaster, I may not have the food storage to feed my family for 2 years, but I can easily keep us (and maybe your family too) creatively stimulated for 2 years with my accumulation of started projects.

So today, I am proud to share with you a project that I started AND finished this WEEK: a new spice rack. 
I get a bizarre amount of joy when I can SEE all my spices lined up in alphabetical order.  (Probably a lingering side effect from my young, formative high school years that I spent working in a library.)  It irritated M the way I had them so visibly lined up in racks on the counter. So for this project, I stuck a metal sheet on the wall hidden between the microwave and the stove. I ordered a bunch of 6 oz. metal tins, moved all the spices into those, made lovely ombre labels for them, and used magnates to hang them on the metal sheet. It satisfies my alphabetical OCD and his visual clutter fetish; win win! AND when (not if) that pesky ADHD rears it's ugly head again, it will be so easy to print out new labels to change up the look.  So I guess really we are looking at a win win win!

4 comments:

Linn said...

Oh how my OCD heart loves this!!

Alyson said...

That is an awesome idea! Way to go!

LL said...

Love it! Turned out great!

the mathematician said...

oooh! What a great idea! About how many cups do each of those tins hold? And what type of magnet did you use to keep them on the board?

Followers