Sunday, November 9, 2014

I love Primary

I think each of us has an age group that we connect well with perpetually throughout our lives.  For example, my mom's mom was good with little kids and my dad's mom was AWESOME with teenagers.  I didn't really appreciate my paternal grandma until I was a teen and then she became one of my very most favorite persons ever.  My theory is that our souls have an age.  My grandma's soul was 16 and mine is 5 years old.

So I love that on Sundays I get to teach the 4, 5, and 6 year old kids in our Primary (i.e. Junior Sunday School).  I have nine little live wires in my class, including my own AJ.  The church has great lessons already prepared for us so it's super simple to teach.  The also have some coloring pages to go with some of the lessons, but I never use them BECAUSE I like to make my own of course.  My little class always knows we will finish the lesson with a coloring or drawing activity and they are so enthusiastic about them.  I just love to see how what they do with them and the great little artist that they are.  Here are a couple of my favorite coloring pages from the past month or two.  Copy & print as you like, but please give credit where credit is due if you link.




2 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

I might be five too!!!! lol I love the pictures awesome as always thank you for sharing them, I know two wild children ok and an adult that will be enjoying coloring some of them!

LL said...

How cute!

My very favorite calling in the church is to be the music leader in Primary. Love love love that calling - goofing off, singing songs, so much fun.

Followers