Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween recap

Yea!!!! Halloween is over!!!!

Last week some friends got together for a WNO (witches night out as apposed to girls night out!)  We met at a restaurant.  Some of the kids at the restaurant were scared of us and some were delighted.  We were just obnoxious with a lot of cackling and nonsensical fun.  (I'm the one in orange with her hat slipping off to the side.)
Wednesday was the church parking lot trunk or treat. All the kid’s costumes were completed and they loved them. S was a black jade ninja.
J was a navy and silver unicorn. (He’d been wanting to be a unicorn for the past 3 years and we’d talked him into more boyish costumes. Finally this year I told M that we’d better let him get it out of his system or he’d be in high school and still wanting to go as a unicorn and get beat up!  I did talk him down from the full blown white with rainbow main and tail version to this more fierce-some one.) 
AJ was an ice ninja. (Though truth be told, I thought he looked a little like a terrorist.) 
I hadn’t started my costume yet, so I just wore a really cool temporary eye tattoo that you will see in the photo. M wore his traditional party pooper costume. The kids made a HUGE haul of candy that night
I went to kindergarten on Friday also as a unicorn with LOTS of sparkly make-up. It’s fun to watch AJ, the Ice Ninja, in class. There were 5 other ninjas of varying colors. I popped into J’s and S’s classes for a minute during their class parties too. I love that they still like to have me around, and aren't embarrassed to be seen with a dorky mom who still dresses up.
We live on a lovely, but dark, narrow, windy, steep road without sidewalks, so NO ONE ever comes trick or treating to our door. I'm okay with that, but the kids want in on the WHOLE Halloween experience.  So we made our annual stop on a beautiful, safe, historic street where Sis. H, our adopted local grandma (since ours are hundreds of miles away) lives for our Halloween night fun. We trick or treated at a hand full of houses and then visited with the Sis.H.  Our kids have never handed out trick or treat candy before, so they took over for Sis. H at her door. They had a blast. Sis. H was keeping track and they had over 1,000 trick or treaters come to their house this year!!!! And once they ran out of candy, shut the door, and turned out the porch lights, there were still people ringing the bell!

No comments:

Followers