Hello everyone,
Seems like there hasn't been much out of the ordinary to blog about lately. We’ve mostly been doing the soccer practice shuffle, church activities, homework, and Cub Scouts. We’ve had a head cold bouncing
around between us. The usual. About the only
stand-out news was a drive-in movie activity we had last Saturday night at church. Everyone was supposed to
make cardboard box cars and bring them to sit in while watching a movie
together. I had the head cold that day,
so M and the kids were in charge of the car for our family while I took a
nap. I woke up to find they had built a
very sturdy X-Wing fighter instead of a mere terrestrial vehicle.
Everyone else in the congregation stuck with strictly cardboard boxes, no lumber, in their designs, but M had a vision.
I helped with an authentic paint job and an
instrument panel lit with battery operated Christmas lights. I added flash lights in the wing tips to simulate
the (wrapping paper tube) laser cannons firing.
And just an X-Wing wasn’t good enough, the
kids NEEDED costumes or at least helmets with red tinted goggles. No one can accuse us on not being
enthusiastic about this particular activity.
I love this photo of the kids actually watching the movie in the glow of their awesome instrument panel.
Note: M has been parking his truck in the driveway because the X-Wing is taking his parking spot inside the garage! HA!





2 comments:
Hahahahahaha! Love it!
This is amazing..
Post a Comment