Sunday, June 1, 2014

WONDER!

I hosted our May book club.  I chose Wonder by R.J. Palacio. It’s a really superb book. As a very well read friend of mine said, “It should be required reading for ALL HUMANS. And once all the humans have read it, it should be required reading in every 4th grade class every year from here on out until the end of time.” (miss you, Jane!)  And I wholeheartedly concur.
I can never think what to food serve at book club, so I usually look for something in the book to tell me what to serve.  The book's main setting is a 5th grade in New York.  There’s a tender scene in the book where the mom and son are talking about his class camp experience and she makes him a grilled cheese sandwich and chocolate milk; so that’s what I served for the refreshments. . . on school lunch trays! 

I went all crazy gourmet on the grilled cheese though. This blog post, my friends, is the ONLY grilled cheese sandwich recipe list you will EVER need!!!  Quite frankly, you might not ever need to go further than the first one on the list; the Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich!!

2 comments:

LL said...

Uh, dinner question solved. Those look delicious!

Alyson said...

Olivia read this book a few months ago and loved it. It's on my list for the year...and I may just suggest it for our book club reading list!

And the grilled cheese and chocolate milk...YUM!!!

Followers