Monday, June 9, 2014

I love my sister

My sister, W, had her 40th birthday a while back and I wanted to do something spectacular for her.  I got the idea from Oh Happy Day's blog.  They have a whole set up for this project that you can download from their blog.  The idea is you get a bunch of people to send postcards to the birthday girl or boy that arrive around or on their birthday.  Then when they get all the postcards together they can be put together to make a big poster with a bigger greeting.  SO FUN!

Yes, I could have just used their slick, ready-to-go plan. . . but was that good enough for me?  Noooooo, of course not!  You know me, I needed to draw my own poster for my dearest sister, plus theirs had a couple postcards that were COMPLETELY blank!  ACK!  How would you like to be one of those who had to send a boring plain white card?

I got W's fabulous husband to stealthily figure out who we should invite to send these post cards.  We found that W is meticulous at logging out of her email and facebook accounts, which made it trickier.  We got 36 people to agree to the project; from her 3 best childhood friends, to college roommates, coworkers and family.  They each received  an attachment to a message that looked something like this
Here's a better look at the final poster.  W's fabulous husband picked out the quote and I doodled up the rest!
 W's fabulous husband sent me this photo as the cards were coming in!  So much fun!!!
Displaying photo.JPG
If I were to do it again (& I have 6 more siblings that will turn 40 someday, so not if, but when) I would set up the page that gets sent to each participant in portrait format instead of landscape, that seemed to throw some people off and some of them ended up getting printed too small because of it.  I really don't think that detail mattered too much for W though.

No comments:

Followers