We ate heart shaped breakfast foods. (for the pancakes, I switched half a box of red velvet cake mix for half of the pancake mix.)
AJ went for the super popular Twinkies made-over to look like Despicable Me minions for the kids in his preschool class.
I used the print and cut function on my Silhouette Cameo to make the goggles, mouths and G symbols on sticker paper. I wrapped blue painter's tape around the Twinkies and then AJ had a great time sticking the silly faces on the wrappers. Too bad the wrappers had Hostess printed on them.
J did secret decoder valentines. I remember thinking these were THE coolest when I was a kid.
Again I used the Silhouette to cut out the little magnifying glasses. Then J glued red cellophane between two paper magnifying glasses. We printed out a message in light blue ink, then he scribbled all over it with red, pink, and orange to hide the message. When you hold the red magnifying glass over the secret message side, the scribbles disappear and you can clearly see the blue print! He LABORED over what the secret message should say. . . FOREVER. . . and finally decided on “You are a good friend” for the girls and “You are an awesome friend” for the boys; yes, we've got a real romantic wordsmith here.
S made rubber band bracelets for everyone in her class (and I helped) and then she ended up sick the day of the party. :(
M helped S make her valentine box this year. . . I'm sure there has never been one like it. And no, I'm still not sure what it is supposed to look like, but they were both delighted with it!
I may have a teeeny tiny obsession with the rubber band bracelets too. So I made bracelets for some of my local girl friends. It's so fun to give something when the recipient is absolutally not expecting it!
M took mini candy bars to his university students for Valentine’s Day too. (Yep, he gets really good student reviews!) He brought a bag home for us as well. The next morning I discovered a little stool moved over to the counter where the bag was and several handfuls missing. AJ didn’t know I was up yet, so when he scampered up stairs for another helping. . . well let’s just say if you look up the phrase “caught with your hand in the cookie jar” in a visual dictionary, you will see a picture of AJ’s face as he rounded the corner and realized that I knew about his pre-dawn candy collecting. Such a funny little character!






No comments:
Post a Comment