Sunday, December 15, 2013

Playing with our food

We havedone a bit of playing with our food this week. I made Grinch Kabobs to bring to the Relief Society Christmas social.   
The basic idea is a grape, a slice of banana, a strawberry & a mini marshmallow stuck in that order on a toothpick. Then I added two little dots of Nutella on the grape for eyes. I also made a bigger version using a Granny Smith apple for the head, a row of mini marshmallows, several strawberries and a big marshmallow held together with several toothpicks for the hat. Then I did a more detailed Nutella Grinch face on the apple with yellow and red paper cut out for the eyes.

We went to the Art Center for the annual gingerbread house making activity. Yes, it’s really the graham cracker house making activity, but we will humor them. Our kids,not too surprisingly broke out of the typical candy house mold. S made Yoda and his hut.
Close-up of green marshmallow Yoda himself

J made a red gumdrop bodied ewok just about to board his rocket ship and space junk floating all around it. 
AJ & I made a ship with Tootsie Roll wrapper sails and a raft with a candy cane fishing hook.

1 comment:

LL said...

Your kids are so clever!

Followers