Sunday, October 20, 2013

dot dot - dash dash - dot dash - dash dot - dot - dot dash dot - dash dot dot

It's been a long time since I shared any jewelry that I've made, so here's my new favorite bracelet. . .
Each strand has one of our family members names written out in Morse Code!  How awesomely nerdy is that!?!?!!  I made it using black waxed linen string and silver round and tube beads.  Since I'm not fluent in Morse Code, I put a knot between each letter so I could figure out what was going on later.  I tried it out first with a little bit bigger beads and very thin leather cord, but the cord kinked really funny and wouldn't lay in a nice smooth line. 

Every time I wear it, the kids want to know which one is there name, they think it's awesome and are unaware of the nerd factor.
A friend of mine got married last weekend and so I made her this necklace with their first and middle names and then their last name & forever.  Her new husband is a theoretical mathematician so I think he'll dig the nerdiness of it. :)

2 comments:

Linn said...

Oh my word, how can I keep loving each new idea you come up with even more! I'm serious, can you please sell some of these items? I will pay good money for them. PLEASE! I LOVE that bracelet.

LL said...

Uh, that is SO SO COOL! Love it!!

Followers