S's & my birthdays always fall near Easter. When I was growing up, my mom always went with a sticky sweet spring/pastel color/baby chick/lamb theme for my birthday cake, and I sort of always thought it was kind of baby-ish, and ended up avoiding that stuff like the plaque. This year S suggested "baby chicks and lambs and spring flowers" for her party theme. Sigh. Don't we all have the opposite tastes of our parents?
We went for a low-key birthday for S this year, and only had 2 friends over instead of a major production. They played and decorated cupcakes. I decorated 3 ahead of time with the spring theme for them, and made a bunch of fondant flowers & leaves for them to use too.
For my b-day we invited another family over for dinner and cake. One of their daughters has a birthday close to ours so we decided to celebrate all three again. The friend's favorite color is purple, S's is green, and lately I'm loving aqua/teal, so our cake was themed around our favorite colors. S helped decorate this one!



3 comments:
Pretty, pretty cake! Happy birthday!
What a beautiful cake. As always, you are amazing! And Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people ever!
You are so cool. :-) Happy birthday!!
Post a Comment