Sunday, January 13, 2013

this post brought to you by the letter K

AJ and I hosted our co-op preschool this week and we did the letter K.  The kiwi for snacks was a hit, not so much the kale chips.  

The kids asked to sing this song about 6 times.

(to the tune of "If Your Happy and You Know It")
I wish I were a baby kangaroo
I wish I were a baby kangaroo
For if I were a roo,
I'd hop right up to you,
I wish I were a baby kangaroo
(sing while hopping)

I wish I were a cute koala bear
I wish I were a cute koala bear
For if I were a bear,
I'd climb right up to there
I wish I were a cute koala bear
(sing while reaching up to the sky)

I wish I were a crazy kind of kite
I wish I were a crazy kind of kite
For if I were a kite,
I'd fly all day and night
I wish I were a crazy kind of kite
(sing while walking with arms out)

I always entertain myself by making up an alliteration coloring page with each letter I get to teach.  Here's what they got this time.
Here are a couple of the alliterations that I wrote but didn't draw anything for (yet).  I get such a kick out of myself.

A kamikaze kangaroo kept his kayak, kazoos, keepsakes, and keys in a king-sized kettle next to the khaki koala's kosher keg of kale, kelp, ketchup, and kiwis in the klutzy kingfisher's kitchen.

or

Kudos to the keen kangaroo king who kept the Killjoy Kung Fu Katydid Kinfolk (a.k.a the KKKK) from kidnapping the kind kimono wearing koalas at the key kiosk by kicking them in the kissers.

and last but not least;

At the Kryptonite Kangaroos vs. the Klondike Kiwis kickball kickoff, a kerfuffle was kindled by the Karate Koala and his sidekick, Bad Karma Killer Whale who kept kidding the Korean kookaburras until they were kaput.

Oh and I thought it would be particularly funny to confuse the kids by doing  one with silent K, soooooooooooooooooo,   Did you know a knave with a knot in his knit knickers used a knife to knock a knob off the knuckles of a knight kneeling on a knoll?

okay enough of that!

I also made up this little cutting & gluing activity.  They colored the kangaroo, a pocket and a set of objects that begin with K. (kiss, kitten, kiwi, keys,koala & kite)  Then they cut out the pocket and the squares, glued the pocket to the kangaroo page, and  put the squares in the pocket.  They loved it.  (We have 4 kids in the group, so I printed 4 of the first page and then 1 of each of the last 2 pages.)  If you want to nab these and use them for your own non-commercial use, feel free!  Let me know what you think.



4 comments:

Christie said...

Love this & will definitely be printing this out for my Kyle. K is his favorite, after all. So excited about your parents mission call!

LL said...

You are awesome. :-)

Linn said...

Oh the memories that brought back. It made me get that homesick feeling in my stomach. Thanks for sharing!

Doug and Amanda said...

Addy did K today at coop and can I just say, i should have sent her to your house, we are so going to do the pages tomorrow! thanks for putting them up for the rest of us to nab! She is going to love it, and the song! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Followers