Sunday, September 25, 2011

S''s Imagination

My baby brother got married earlier this month and we had fun creating a few special touches for the big day.  The live in Utah so we missed the bridal shower, but I sent some of my little personalized cards for the happy couple. 
I always struggle to draw the people I know best.  So I had got the bride to where I liked the drawing pretty well, but was struggling with my brother.  Because of that, there were several rough drafts kicking around the house and S found one, and finished it for me. 
I think she really captured the essence of my brother, his rosy posy cheeks and the special way his left hand sometimes suddenly transforms into a rare fire-breathing peacock dragon.  She noticed a lot of details about her new aunt that most grown-ups miss too, like the eyes in the back of her calves, that snake she keeps in her flipflops and the tiny little doorway in one of her teeth that leads into a fairy world.  I hope S's school teacher can appreciate all this imagination too!

4 comments:

Linn said...

I can't decide which option I like better. I'll get back to you. :)

LL said...

I love it!

Matt said...

This is hilarious! I love that imagination she has!

Malerie said...

whoops...that was me :)

Followers