We are having a bit of a warm spell…it’s almost 50 degrees! The snow has melted in most places and we were outside without coats on yesterday!! It was so good to see J out in the sunshine. He made a mud hole and was brewing “witch’s thoop” (that’s “soup” with a lisp.) The locals tell us that this is how March teases every year; makes like it’s going to be spring and then we’ll get snow again in April and May. I guess we will take what we can get.
It’s been a pretty regular week. The only really exciting thing to write home about was the kindergarten ice skating field trip. S was beside herself with fear and worry about it for weeks. Someone had told her about a kid getting their finger cut off by someone else’s ice skate blade and all sorts of other skating horror stories. Luckily M could get away from work and be one of the parent chaperones. She got some cute new knee & elbow pads to boost her confidence and she had a great time. She even wants to go back to ice skate for her birthday party!
We tried out a St. Patrick’s craft; we used this tutorial for little suncatcher window hangy things but changed it up with shamrocks and gold at the end of the rainbow instead of hearts. It was fun for the kids to mess with glue & paint, and they were proud of them, but these definitely won’t be keepsakes. I don’t know if it was our glue or our paint, but they didn’t stay mixed very well. After they dried, I ended up going over all the colors with coordinating colored Sharpies when the kids weren’t watching. And then I couldn’t get the waxed paper to peel off the backs so I just cut around the edges and left them attached. Not the most successful project in a lot of ways, but the kids loved the creating of it.




3 comments:
That thoop looks delicious!
S is so cute--I miss that girl!
Your craft that doesn't turn out well is better than any craft we have ever done. Scary, but true!
While we don't have snow or sub-freezing temps, there has been a chill in the air for months. When Grant was making his "chocolate thoop" a couple weeks back, we had a warm spell as well, and he took his shirt off...
The rainbows look fun, although your description makes me a little hesitant to try them.
I saw a cute rainbow made from different fruits--I think we'll have that for dessert tomorrow--with whip cream clouds.
Post a Comment