Sunday, March 15, 2015

the power of positive thinking


I’m sure this never happens to you, but sometimes our kids think everyday was the worst day of their life and can NOT find anything good. As their chauffeur and therapist, this becomes very tiresome, so I devised what I think was a clever plan. After school the kids are allowed to put one colorful pompom on a string (something like 6 yards of fishing line threaded on a needle) for every positive point they can make about the day. 
When the string is filled with pompoms, which we fondly call “positive puffs”, the family can go out for a special treat/event together. I must say it has worked well. Sometimes the kids even encourage each other to cheer up! What!?!? 
Well this week we filled the string of positive puffs and got to go to Watiki, a local indoor waterpark.  Everyone had a blast, so we started a new string with 3 more positive puffs on it as soon as we got home.

3 comments:

kim said...

pure brilliance! I am totally stealing this idea, because our other idea of taking the kids to a third world country to see just how bad some people do have it is taking a while to save up for. :-)

kim said...

pure brilliance! I am totally stealing this idea, because our other idea of taking the kids to a third world country to see just how bad some people do have it is taking a while to save up for. :-)

LL said...

What a lovely idea!

Followers