Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving from AJ & me

I think this week must have been the calm before the holiday storm. I have almost nothing to report from our house.

AJ and I spend a lot of time together these days. I drove a car full of his classmates to a preschool field trip. He started listing all the things he is asking for this Christmas;

“a real horse which Santa can just leave in the garage since a horse couldn't fit down the chimeny, a barn and all the other stuff a horse needs except cowboy boots and a cowboy hat because I already have those. A snow speeder (translation: a snowmobile), a laptop, a magic wand that will grant wishes, all the Lego sets at Target, all the Playmobile sets at Toys R Us, and. . ."

Finaly one of the other 4 year old boys interrupted him and said, “wow you want a lot of stuff for Christmas!” My thoughts exactly! I’m afraid I’m going to insist that he gets at least a little bit disappointed this year.

The field trip was a success.
   


M got a little crazy and bought some eggnog and Sprite a solid week and a half before Thanksgiving. That’s a taboo along the lines of playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving! ;) I could live my whole life without eggnog, but the kids were thrilled. AJ calls it, “egg juice” blech!

I played Oingo Boingo all day on Thursday without a single complaint from AJ. On Friday I played Michael BublĂ© and after a half hour he asked me to turn it off because it was giving him a headache! Later we were driving and something techno-dance-ish came on the radio and he cheerfully said it didn’t give him a headache! This is his favorite Piano Guys song.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ_DBtJHR-0 especially after it really picks up in the middle. He is the first of our kids to express any musical preference; makes me laugh that he is so NOT like M in this one respect.

I’m thankful for these funny little times because so much of being a mom at this stage involves tantrums and other such un-pleasantries. I’m thankful for my parents who survived my un-pleasentness growing up and still love me. I’m thankful for my siblings for their unconditional acceptance and love too. I’m thankful for M for a thousand million billion reasons.

And I'm thankful to all you who read my little blog and leave such encouraging comments. I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

That is a good size group, what a fun field trip.... And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

LL said...

I cling to the happy moments, because most of the moments are….not that fun. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Followers